Stress Buster & Breath Awareness
What you need to know to succeed with Nudge | Skills: Stress Management | Awareness
Inspired by: Harvard Medical School
Using the breath to manage stress is an ancient mental skills practiced in almost every culture in one shape or form. Using the breath as a point of focus is a powerful way to break the patterns of thinking that drive our stress.
- Stress is normal & natural
- Stress helps us focus & perform under pressure
- High-stress however impacts our ability to perform
- High-stress impacts our collaboration, communication, creative & critical thinking skills
- Use breath awareness to decrease the overall experience of stress
- 1-3 mins practice daily
- Breathe in through the nose for 4 counts
- Breathe out through the mouth for 4 counts
- Repeat 7 times
- Focus on belly breathing
- High-stress is counterproductive
- The breath is a power tool for relieving stress in the moment
- Stop wasting time & energy by pushing on through stress
- Take a break & reset
- You are feeling stressed or overwhelmed
- You are about to do something that demands high performance e.g. meeting, feedback session, presentation, negotiation
- Practice each day to proactively manage your stress
Will enable you to
- Increase productivity
- Decrease stress
- Increase decision-making efficacy
- Practice 1-3 mins per day to build the mental muscle
- Practice before key performance moments
- The goal is to not eliminate stress entirely but to move stress back into the Green Zone.
Need Some Help?
Chat with your coach via the in-app messenger on Nudge or book a time that suits you.